Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Winter Recap

Hey Everyone,

So the winter has come to a close, spring is here and I have officially begun my newest endeavor, Marriage.  I got asked a lot if I was nervous or scared on my wedding day, but thinking about it now, this is the first picture I post on this blog where I am not scared!

Emily and I got Married on Sunday in Oregon, with temps in the 80s and beautiful clear skies.   We had a great day with a lot of family and a few friends there for support.

Mainly doing a quick post to show a few pictures from the winter to show what I have been up to.  I had an awesome winter in Salt Lake a great mix of guiding days and personal outings I enjoyed some great days of deep powder skiing and fun ice and mixed climbing with great company.  I also spent quite a bit of time climbing in the desert and I am now an AMGA Certified Rock Guide ( a process I began 4 years ago).
Waist deep in December!

First tracks down "Lake Shot" under beautiful blue Utah skies

One perk to the inversion was some great suburban guiding on the scruffy band!

Steep ice was in great shape in Santaquin

Steffan and Mark helped out with bolting a couple new mixed lines in Little cottonwood.  Look for some new ones this winter, including a big project I'm getting pretty excited for.   

Steep walls of the upper dagger area or should I call it the "Bubba cave"?
Enjoy the routes put in winter of 2013 and start training for another round of bolts in the new year!


I think we have the same waist size.
Auto-Control Theory in cold slender conditions WI 5/6

Now for the future.  Feels like I have been planning this next trip for a while, probably because I have.  I head into Denali Base Camp for a couple weeks to help get Aaron up to the next level in alpine climbing.  We have some big objectives in store including the West ridge of Hunter!  After that trip I will take 2 days and turn around back into the AK range with Mike P.  Objectives have not been decided upon yet but hopefully some good stories, photos, and laughter will come from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment